Wednesday, January 29, 2014

american flag bandanas, phone calls from Antigua, and not knowing what day it is.

You know, it’s not the fact that the duck dynasty goofs were honored guests of a Lousiana politician at the SOTU last night.  

Or the fact that Lindsey Graham went on national television afterwards, as one of…six or so (what the hell?)  republican responses to SOTU speech; and stated that “ The world is ‘literally’ exploding” because of Syria, and why didn’t the president discuss THIS?

 (Can’t believe he didn’t just scream “Benghazi!” into the camera, and shake his wee little cracker fist.)

                  Sidebar – I’ve met Mr. Graham.  He’s a charming nearly-sixty-year-old southern                                               republican, and career politician.  Take that however you want.

It’s not the fact that it was noteworthy when I woke up this morning, because there was no negative sign next to the number (“1” if you must know) when I checked the temperature.

Heck, temp doesn’t matter anymore.  The world is LITERALLY exploding!  
Very, very slowly, apparently.  I’ve not even felt a tremble.

It’s not even the fact that I received some bullshit phone call from an Antigua exchange at 11:40 last night, and that I smacked my alarm clock several times before I realized that it was not the culprit.  
Because, let’s be honest.  
One’s alarm clock is always deserving of a few slaps….

What really pisses me off is that it’s Wednesday.    And it feels like it should be much later in the week.
To rub salt in my own wound, I didn’t even work on Monday.  
So, day two of my work week, and I was so sure it was at least Thursday when I woke up this morning.

To sum up:
1     Graham sounded kinda dumb, mis-using words like “literally”.   (Unless he knows something       the rest of us don’t.  if that’s the case – it’s been a pleasure, everyone.)
2.      The state of the union address has become a red-carpet event with low tier cracker                       celebrities being invited by politicians.  Celebrities that can’t even be bothered to dress               accordingly. At least it was an American flag bandana, as opposed to, say… a confederate       flag bandana. 
3.      My phone is NOT my clock.

4.      This is going to be a very, very long week.

No comments: