Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Random Christmas thoughts

And I DO mean random…

I’ve lucked out twice so far, at the post office. Getting there with packages just at the right time, only to turn around while (next or 2nd) in line and seeing folks lined up out the door and down the sidewalk.
No way in hell I’m going back THERE anytime soon.
My luck has been pushed.

Took my last vacation day for the year last week, and went to Christkindl (Kringle) Market with Wendy and Fiona.
We’ve not many Christmas traditions, but this is one of ‘em.

http://www.chicagohotblog.com/chicago-christkindlmarket


First time we went is the very day we found out we were going to have a baby.
So technically, Fiona’s been every year.

It’s beautiful, has great vendors, lovely food and beverages and is just Christmas-y as all get out.
And this year, there was a Snow Faerie/Angel (street performer) that totally captivated Fiona (and me, and many others, for that matter).
She gave off such an aura of calm and otherworldliness, that you walked away wondering if maybe, just maybe she wasn’t actually a street performer…


A gift card is a handy, if at times impersonal gift. But if someone on your list ASKS for them….

The REAL problem with them is that they’re small, and flat, and weigh nothing, and can end up being lost amongst the other items in the bag, and end up… recycled.
We think.
We’re not positive.
We just know it’s gone.
Ouch.

If your kid sleeps for crap, AND is prone to coming to visit you around 11pm every night, just when are you supposed to put all the presents out / put together the big stuff?

Sorry, sweetie. Santa saw that you were awake, and just skipped our house this year.
Sweet dreams.

Every kiosk at the mall was out of the correct size watch batteries. But at least I spent an unnecessary hour at the mall on the Saturday before Christmas, finding this out.

Who knew that this was such a hot holiday gift idea?
“Merry Christmas, baby. I wound your watch…”

That kinda sounds like it should be on the naughty list.

And yeah, I AM the guy who puts a new $15 dollar watch battery into a 4 year old Timex that probably only cost me $30 when I bought it.
I LOVE that watch, the 6-7 times a year I actually wear it…

Daughter did us the solid of getting really sick a week BEFORE Christmas this year. So she should be cool by Saturday.
Last Christmas, her and I both had the flu, and downed Tylenol all day together while watching really bad kid’s TV.
REALLY Bad.
Caillou bad.
Barney bad.

Caillou... the show that she only asks for, when she's feverish. Coincidence?

Looking forward to spending Christmas with my family, all of whom are driving in for the weekend, weather permitting.
Even if it DOES mean I have to sleep in the basement.

Murray Christmas is never on Christmas, so this is really cool.

If you’re waiting on a punchline… there isn’t one.

Merry Christmas to all my friends and family.
May the coming year bring you all joy, good health and prosperity.

Christmas day IS in your grasp, as long as you have hands to clasp.

No comments: