Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A not so near miss

Monday night.

Got home from errands, and light snow was juuuuuuuuust starting to fall as I unloaded the car.
Five minutes later, I’m walking out the front door, leash in hand, dog on other end.
And…it was icing.

Not the yummy kind, but the kind that usually flies sideways in a strong wind, and makes pretty little tinkly noises as it smacks against the ground, houses, my coat…. It’s pelts my face in silence, however.

I’m not diggin’ it.

But it’s supposed to be a dead on blizzard by walk time tomorrow night, so can’t shirk now.

We do the loop, and are back at our 4 way stop. I begin to cross and… the car headed toward us brakes, and everything works out like it’s supposed to, EXCEPT…. The car does not stop. 10 minutes of icing has made the road slippery.

The car slid past the stop sign and I…. was not in front of it, knowing that it was likely slippery, I hung back.

I’m learning….

No comments: