Sunday, May 15, 2011

Camo is the new black.

just got back from 3 days of fishing in Wisconsin. Things i've learned.....

1. Camo is the new black.
2. Sunburn's for people in a hurry. WIND burn takes way longer, but is just as unpleasant.
3. If the rain's blowing hard enough, you CAN actually get rain all the way into your ear canal.
4. You have fried fish on your menu? Really? It's tonite's special? what's your other specials? Other kinds of fried fish? Tough call... I'll go with the fried fish, I think. Oh, definitely want the fries with that....
5. OOPS. Sorry, I didn't see you there, what with all the camo and all. You blend right in.
6. Critters Sports advertises indoor archery range and full bar. All thisi time, I just assumed they were in the same room... I stand corrected.
7. I don't want to own a camo painted boat. I'd never find it.
8. Beer is so very cheap. and it goes great with fried fish.
9. leeches are nasty. Yeah, I didn't JUST learn this, but was reminded of it continually for three days. However, they're like...fried fish to the fish, so I endured it.
10. Pontoon boats and high wind and swift current do not go together nearly as well as...say.... fried fish and a 30oz mug of beer.....

Fishing wasslow, but steady. And the company was... AWESOME.

No comments: