Saturday, November 1, 2008

ah, this internet silliness.

high speed internet has enabled me to do things on the 'net I previously would not have bothered with.

like this here.

"you have to get a facebook page now!" an old friend of mine urged.
"what for?" I ask
"That's just it, you don't know why, until you do it..."

Generally speaking, I like to know why i'm a gonna do somethin', afore I do it.

Cause, effect.

neat, tidy.

but I did as he suggested, and found him on it as he urged. Having already found him a few years ago, I did not consider him to be misplaced...
And then I realized - I have no idea how this shit works. Great, I found Billy.
And I can see all his virtual friends. and I can ask to be his friend.
And.... then what?
I expect there's some way to actually find out what all he's posted there, he claims it's the best source for finding out what's been going on in his life.
Better than asking him, and him telling me....

I get it, though. You spend a lot of time updating stuff like that, for the purpose of sharing your life efficiently, why not direct folks to it?

Found my ol' buddy Greg T. on it as well. I had not considered him mis-placed, either.

But I asked real nice, so maybe they'll agree to be my virtual friends...
If not, They're still my real life flesh and blood friends, and I guess that will just have to do...

No comments: